Join Our Team
Abri Radically Open DBT is Hiring
Abri Radically Open DBT currently has both full-time and part-time openings for Oregon-licensed mental health therapists (LCSWs, LPCs, LMFTs, PhDs, and PsyDs) to provide individual and group therapy for adults and older adolescents. At this time, we are especially interested in clinicians who have some training and expertise in treating eating disorders, and who like working with adolescents. Currently, our services are offered via telehealth, with the goal of moving to a hybrid telehealth/in-person model once we can safely see clients without masks at our clinic in downtown Portland.
Why work for Abri?
- Abri is the first clinic worldwide that is dedicated to providing full-fidelity Radically Open DBT treatment. The two co-founders are both RO DBT senior clinicians and trainers who meet and work regularly and closely with the treatment developer, Dr. Thomas Lynch, and the rest of the RO DBT senior clinician team who are conducting research and creating programming in the US and Europe. Clinicians who join Abri will be trained and supervised in this expanding, evidenced-based modality.
- You would be joining and working closely with a dynamic, cohesive, and diverse team of talented clinicians (and a registered dietician), who all bring different angles and areas of expertise to their practice of RO DBT. At Abri, we actively support the professional development of our clinicians and there are opportunities for growth based on interest.
- In working at Abri, clinicians get all the benefits of private practice, without the isolation and hassles of running a business. You will be able to focus your energies on seeing clients and learning and growing in the application of Radically Open DBT. Abri has a robust referral source, and clinicians are consistently full and earn a competitive wage.
- Abri offers health and dental benefits to full-time employees. It is also a gorgeous place to work. Our clinic is in central downtown Portland overlooking the Old Pioneer Courthouse. The Pacific Building, where Abri is located, is a LEED-certified building. Clinicians have access to bike storage, showers, and a roof garden (open to all tenants) - a lovely place to have lunch on a sunny day. During COVID, we have successfully transitioned to a telehealth platform for all our services, including our classes and weekly team consult, but are all eager to be back together in person.
- At Abri, we do not expect new clinicians to be up to speed with RO DBT from the get-go. There will be room in your practice to see other clients and work in other modalities. The expectation is that a large bulk of your caseload is dedicated to RO DBT by the end of your first year.
Please apply if you have/are:
- Are licensed in the State of Oregon.
- Have received some training or are interested in getting trained in Radically Open DBT and are enthused about the modality.
- Enjoy learning and consulting regularly with colleagues.
- Are ethically sound, with a good reputation and references.