What Is Radically Open DBT?
RO DBT is a new evidence-based treatment for patients with emotional over-control. ‘Self-control’ is usually seen as a good thing, however too much self-control can cause difficulties. Excessive self-control is associated with social isolation and poor interpersonal relations and it contributes to conditions like anorexia nervosa, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, chronic depression and autistic spectrum disorders.
Over- control is seen as a problem of emotional loneliness - not necessarily lacking contact with others…...but lack of social connectedness with others
We are social beings and we know that 3 core components of emotional well-being are:
- Openness to feedback, even when this is challenging
- Flexibility in our responses, to ever changing demands
- Communication of our emotions, recognising that expressing emotion is crucial when forming close interpersonal bonds
RO-DBT treatment strategies aim to build:
- Flexible responding to the demands of the moment
- Emphasis on the importance of authentic emotional expression to build positive interpersonal relationships
- Self enquiry into our usual responses
- Ability to manage unexpected or challenging feedback
Who is RO DBT For?
Are you the sort of person who is some of the following: dutiful, avoids risk and novelty, plans ahead, struggles to really connect with others, follow rules, feels unappreciated, struggles to relax and be playful?
Would you like help to learn how to be more:
- Receptive and Open
- Socially Connected
Would this make it easier to meet your goals in life? If so, this treatment might be right for you.
RO DBT has been shown to be an effective treatment for:
- Chronic Depression
- Treatment Resistant Anxiety Disorders
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Exercise Addiction
- Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and OCD
- Avoidant, Paranoid and Dependent Personality Disorders
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
To learn more about the treatment, and read about the extensive research that has and is being conducted worldwide on the benefits of RO DBT, please visit www.radicallyopen.net and www.rodbtnorthwest.com